Who may apply:
The UCEF Competitive Grant program is open to faculty, staff, principals and administrators in the School District of University City. Parents and other community members may submit a grant if sponsored by an eligible employee of the School District.
Grant proposals that implement projects designed to enhance student learning and performance will be considered for review. Grant requests may not exceed $1,000.
The grant program is not designed to replace general operating funds, staff development, professional growth or programs and supplies normally funded by the School District.
These awards are for competitively-funded grants. Multiple, identical applications will not be considered. Collaboration is welcome; all applicants must be listed and provide required signatures.
Funding is not awarded for "seed money" for large proposals. However, proposals that identify a small, well-defined project to be funded within the larger proposal will be considered. Additional information should be included stating the grant writer's plan for securing funding of the remainder of the large proposal.
TAKE ME TO THE GRANT APPLICATION
Policies and restrictions:
- The proposal should be consistent with the mission statement of the UCEF.
- The proposal and all expenditures should display observable educational benefits to University City School District students.
- Proposal objectives, activities, and expenditures should be clearly and sequentially described and must be compatible with the established curriculum of the University City School District.
- Materials, training, and items to be purchased should be listed by price and vendor. Where applicable, these items must be compatible with district-provided equipment, for instance, technology.
- The proposal specifically should describe how the purchased materials and training will be used to meet the proposal's objectives.
- Evaluation procedures and a plan for disseminating project results and activities to the UCEF should be specifically described.